Monday 3 January 2011

Welcome to my new blog

Well this is the first time that I've opened up a blog so this is all new to me. But it's something I've wanted to do for some time. I'm a pulpit Rabbi. If you want to know a little bit more about me read my profile.
Rabbi's always like to speak their mind, it's just that the ten minutes allocated to you on a Shabbat morning are never long enough, and for some, even that's too long- ask my community they'll tell you!!
In my profile you will read that I'm a United Synagogue Rabbi. Let me explain; the United Synagogue is- excuse the term a "broad church". In my Shul there are a multiplicity of people with different layers of belief and practice. From those who do very little at all, whom I hardly ever see, who keep their membership up with the United synagogue for reasons of Burial alone, to those who come to Shul three times a day to daven, who are Shomer Shabbat ,keep kosher, study Torah and keep the Mitzvot to the best of their abilities.
Because my Shul is a broad perspective of people doesn't mean that I don't have an opinion or I'm too afraid to put my views forward for fear of rocking the boat, for being too far on the left or too far on the right, whatever that might mean.
Au contraire those who know me are aware that I speak my mind and if something needs to be said I say it.
I hope you enjoy my postings on this webblog. I will try to update regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment